Ms. Fountain has over 30 years of experience in the business profession, which includes public and industry accounting and over 20 years within internal and external auditing combined. She has held CAE roles in two international companies where she has developed strategic risk based audit processes facilitated strong relation Read more
This training program will address why internal controls over travel and entertainment (T&E) expenditures are a critical component of the control environment. Although the topic of travel and entertainment abuse is not one that management likes to address, it is a very important indicator of the adequacy of a company’s control environment. Regulators and many legislation suggest annual review of executive expenditures. However this can be a risk laden area for compliance professionals to review due to the internal political ramifications. In today's world of transparency and increasing frauds, management must learn that attention, monitoring and periodic review of travel and entertainment expenses is an important component of maintaining proper internal controls.
If you are reviewing entertainment expenses and find discrepancies, how often do you hear management say, “What’s the big deal? How bad could it be?” This is a prime indicator that there is a gap in understanding of the importance of simple internal controls and a sound control environment.
With today's advanced technology and digital media one would think that tracking simple T&E expenditures would be efficient. Yet with technological advancements comes new and innovative ways for individuals to side-step control procedures and slip the inadvertent expense through the system.
This webinar will discuss the impact of T&E abuse on various risk areas. Among other discussions, the course will also highlight areas of T&E abuse that often go unnoticed and result in expenditure fraud.
• Why internal controls over T&E expenditures are a critical component of the control environment.
• The impact abuse of T&E can have on various risk areas.
• Areas of T&E abuse that often go unnoticed and can result in expenditure fraud.
• Identifying T&E red flags for fraud with data analytics.
• The role of technology in the advancement of control gaps.
• How to talk to management about identified findings
What You Get:
• Training Materials
• Live Q&A Session with our Expert
• Participation Certificate
• Access to Signup Community (Optional)
• Reward Points
Who Will Benefit:
• Board Members
• Internal Auditors
• Compliance Professionals
• Operational Professionals
• Audit and Risk Professionals
• Finance Professionals
• Legal Department
• HR Personnel/Managers/Staff
LIVE : Scheduled on
05-February-2019 :02:00 PM EST
LIVE : Scheduled on
04-March-2019 :01:00 PM EST