Donna K Olheiser, AAP, is the vice president of Education Services and founder of Dynamic Mastership, LLC. She is an enthusiastic and energetic Certified Master Trainer with over 14 years’ training experience. She has designed and facilitated over 100 training sessions each year with her exp Read more
Processing ACH payments from the Federal Government can be challenging! In April 2020 there were updates to 31 CFR Part 210, which meant an update to the Green Book as well. This session will outline those details! Included will be the process for deceased account holders and your responsibilities to the Federal Government if they are receiving benefit payments.
The NACHA Operating Rules still apply when processing these payments but the Green Book outlines exceptions when handling DNEs (Death Notification Entries) and Federal Government Reclamations. A side by side comparison of Commercial vs. Government Reclamations will be included to know what the difference is and how to handle each one.
Processing ACH Federal Government payments differ slightly from the NACHA Operating Rules when it comes to benefit payments and the liability of the RDFI (Receiving Depository Financial Institution). There are updates (effective April 2020) to 31 CFR Part 210. The Green Book was also updated in 2020.
Why Should You Attend:
This 90-minute session will provide the details on what is different and how the Federal Government has adopted the NACHA Operating Rules and what the exceptions to those Rules incorporate for the Federal Government. You will learn what the Green Book is and how this valuable on-line tool will help you with processing DNE’s and Government Reclamations. Commercial Reclamations differ from Federal Government Reclamations; the speaker will cover the difference between the two, which also discusses the liability for the RDFI when handling both these types of reclamations. Examples used throughout the session will apply the rules discusses to help bring the details to life.
• Recent (2020) UPDATES to 31 CFR Part 210 and the Green Book
• Detailed processes on handling Death Notification Entries (DNE’s)
• Timeframes to return ACH Entries for deceased accountholders
• Describe Return Reason Codes when returning benefit payments for deceased account holders
• How to handle and process Federal Government Reclamations
• Timeframes for responding to Government Reclamations
• Difference between handling Commercial Reclamations and Federal Government Reclamations
What You Get:
• Training Materials
• Live Q&A Session with our Expert
• Participation Certificate
• Access to Signup Community (Optional)
• Reward Points
Who Will Benefit:
• Bank operations staff
• New employees in the payments industry
• Bank managers and payment professionals
• CEO’s and CFO’s
• Risk, Compliance and Audit personnel
LIVE : Scheduled on
04-December-2023 :01:00 PM EST
LIVE : Scheduled on
14-December-2023 :01:00 PM EST