Cathy teaches classes on the Microsoft suite of application software including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access and Outlook. Cathy has over 30 years of experience in classroom and virtual training and has been an instructor of Microsoft Office since 1989.
Cathy Horwitz believes that when your employees know th Read more
Lookup formulas are far superior to manually searching for specific data elements in a spreadsheet. VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, INDEX and MATCH are some of the most well-known (and most useful) functions in Excel which are used to to return data from other locations in worksheets.
VLOOKUP enables you to quickly and easily look for a value down a column of data and return a value from the same row in a different column. Perfect for when working with large tabular data.
INDEX and MATCH work in a similar way but provide more flexibility.
If you handle large amounts of data in Excel, this webinar will help you tremendously.
The training will be delivered using Excel 2016 for Windows although for users of earlier versions, most of the functionality is available in Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
• Recognize when and why a lookup function is better than a direct cell reference
• Gain comfort with the arguments of the functions presented
• Utilize Excel lookup functions to become more efficient in Excel
• Find alternatives to error messages when data is not available
Why Should You Attend:
This webinar is for any user of Excel who works with large amounts of data and has data in multiple worksheets. Learning about the lookup functions will allow you to match data between databases.
In just one fast-paced and informative training session, you’ll learn how to use lookup functions to let you work with your data more efficiently, and gain powerful new tools to help you manipulate data and make better business decisions.
• Learning the arguments in the VLOOKUP function
• Understanding the importance of absolute references within many lookup functions
• Naming ranges of cells to make them an absolute reference
• Using VLOOKUP to perform approximate matches
• Using VLOOKUP to look up data from another worksheet
• Learning how VLOOKUP stops looking after it finds an initial match within a list
• Exploring why VLOOKUP sometimes returns #N/A instead of a desired result
• Seeing how the HLOOKUP function enables you to perform horizontal matches
• Learning why the INDEX and MATCH combination often is superior to VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP
• Using the MATCH function to find the position of an item on a list
What You Get:
• Training Materials
• Live Q&A Session with our Expert
• Participation Certificate
• Access to Signup Community (Optional)
• Reward Points
Who Will Benefit:
You should attend this training if you need to use Excel to quickly build reports and summaries or if you simply want to learn how to create Pivot Tables to improve your knowledge of Excel.
• Financial Consultants
• Medical Devices
• Human Resource
• Logistics & Supply Chain
You don't have to be proficient in the use of Excel to attend. If you can create basic worksheets and can copy and paste and apply basic formatting to cells, you’ll be able to follow along.
LIVE : Scheduled on
03-February-2023 :01:00 PM EST
LIVE : Scheduled on
07-February-2023 :03:00 PM EST