This course, has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).
Michael is a Senior Environmental Practice Leader for National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) with GEI Consultants in Sacramento, CA, one of the nation's leading geotechnical, environmental, water resources, and ecological science and engineering fi Read more
The National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) is the cornerstone for environmental protection in the United States, and is often referred to as the “Magna Carta” of environmental law in the U.S.. To implement NEPA, federal agencies must prepare environmental impact assessments to study the impacts of their proposed actions.
In addition, many private sector actions fall under NEPA due to a federal connection such as a required permit approval or federal funding. More than 40 years after the passage of NEPA, there remains much confusion about how to properly comply with NEPA, and there is a substantial amount of litigation in federal courts involving the adequacy of NEPA compliance by federal agencies. Many federal agency and private sector actions are delayed substantially by poor NEPA compliance.
This event will give you the insight you need to fully understand the key compliance requirements of this law and related regulations, and how best to navigate the NEPA process to assure proper compliance and avoid costly project delays.
Join Michael D. Smith, one of the nation’s leading NEPA experts and a long-time consultant to federal agencies and industry for an information-packed, and fact-based webinar. He will provide a comprehensive overview of the key compliance requirements of NEPA, and describe key strategies for complying with the law in an efficient and defensible manner.
• Provide a complete overview of the NEPA Statute and CEQ Implementing Regulations
• Discuss the important role of the federal courts in the NEPA Process
• Learn how to prepare defensible NEPA analyses
• Determine proper selection of the appropriate level of NEPA documentation
• How best to determine the significance of impacts
• How to develop a reasonable range of alternatives
• Understanding of methods for identifying the proper scope of analysis
• Understand the most effective public involvement strategies
• Learn how best to analyze and document direct, indirect and cumulative impacts
• Understand recent administrative and legislative initiatives targeting increasing the efficiency of the NEPA process
Why Should You Attend:
This event will give you the insight you need to fully understand the key compliance requirements of this law and related regulations, and how best to navigate the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) process to assure proper compliance. A comprehensive overview of the key compliance requirements of NEPA will be provided, and key strategies for avoiding common pitfalls and complying with the law in an efficient and defensible manner will be provided.
• History and overview of the NEPA Statute and CEQ Implementing Regulations
• Role of the federal courts in the NEPA Process
• How to prepare defensible NEPA analyses
• Levels of NEPA documentation
• Determining the significance of impacts
• Developing a reasonable range of alternatives
• Identifying the proper scope of analysis
• Effective public involvement strategies
• How best to analyze and document direct, indirect and cumulative impacts
What You Get:
• Training Materials
• Live Q&A Session with our Expert
• Participation Certificate
• Access to Signup Community (Optional)
• Reward Points
Who Will Benefit:
• Federal, state, and local agency representatives
• Environmental consultants
• NGO group representatives
• Corporate environmental managers and staff
• Energy resource managers
• Energy planners
• Individuals in the renewable energy industry
• Individuals in the transportation planning and permitting sector
LIVE : Scheduled on
12-May-2021 :01:00 PM EDT
LIVE : Scheduled on
09-June-2021 :01:00 PM EDT