This course, has been approved for 1.5 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).
Susan Aman is a senior environmental, health and safety (EHS) professional with over 20 years experience in compliance in the fields of business, industry, manufacturing, construction and public health. Susan has created new processes to optimize best safety practices, implementing behavior change Read more
Employee turnover across all sectors of the economy is at levels not previously seen. There is a complex equation of factors that causes this turnover, not least of which include:
• Pressures and demands on business to attract, hire and retain workers
• Social media, job shopping websites; gig economy workers, side hustles
• Housing shortages
• Covid death toll and effects of long Covid
• Shortage of critical trade skills; deficit of communication skills (read/write)
Our Post Covid economic recovery is a wild ride of financial turmoil, inflationary pressures, interest rate hikes, Russian aggression in eastern Europe, supply chain issues, fuel price gouging, etc.
In other words, UNCERTAINTY is the new normal. The motivation for a person to change their job can range from ‘micro- to macro’.
A couple of bucks an hour. Improved benefits. Signing Bonus. Friends & family pressures. Reduced commute. Etc.
When the new person(s) start on the job, the requirement to get them started ‘on the right foot’ is more important now than at any time before. Getting it right can make a huge difference, since ‘first impressions’ matter so much.
This webinar will deconstruct the on-boarding process, and highlight the dos’ and don’ts for the average business
Why Should You Attend:
Federal OSHA requires that all employees receive a minimum awareness orientation for safety and health in their work place. The employer is directly responsible for providing this. Ther process is nominally called a ‘Safety Orientation’ or 'Onboarding'. Most companies do a fair to average job on this. Regrettably, a lot of companies get a ‘fail’ on it, for doing little to nothing.
It is not a particularly complex process. There are a few techniques in the discussion that can help streamline the exercise.
• Why having a written template is a bedrock requirement and what this booklet should look like and include
• Employee HR Handbook vs. Safety and Health Handbook – real differences
• OSHA and State Plan requirements- what you must tell the new person’
• Where to find the information for this booklet & process
• Safety Committee engagement – critical element in successful on-boarding
• Workers Comp Insurance requirements
• Company Safety Policy – different from OSHA
What You Get:
• Training Materials
• Live Q&A Session with our Expert
• Participation Certificate
• Access to Signup Community (Optional)
• Reward Points
Who Should Attend:
HR Managers, Full and Part-Time Recruiters, Headhunters, Hiring Offices, Temporary Staffing Companies Trainers, Teachers, Educators, Technical Writers QA/QC Staff and Managers
The Post Covid return to work movement is causing large disruptions to traditional employment models. There is a HUGE amount of employee turnover, particularly in the entry and mid-level employee ranks. All business categories are affected.
This webinar will discuss the Best Practices associated with bringing new persons into your organization. We will talk about the topics a new employee must learn according to OSHA and State safety plans, and also what you should be telling them to create a welcoming and productive work experience.
The key elements of risk exposure and protective strategies are included in the discussion.