Ms.Waltuck Barnett is a highly regarded global trade professional, having created and implemented global and domestic trade compliance programs across many industries for companies large and small. Her experience includes oversight of a $5B, 65-location division of Honeywell, a $3B, 17-location division of Motorola, Global Tr Read more
In spite of the potential for NAFTA renegotiation, there remains a present and on-going need for US traders to understand how to participate in the current NAFTA environment, and lawfully determine the NAFTA origination status of exported goods. Being able to certified your goods as NAFTA-originating allows you to have a competitive advantage over those who don’t, or won’t, participate; allows you to accept purchase orders that have NAFTA participation as a condition; and most importantly, allows you to do so without the risk of substantial monetary and other punitive penalties.
• Understand the overall trading platform under the GATT and its successor, the WTO.
• Learn about the context of various regional trade agreements (RTAs).
• See how you can participate in NAFTA as an importer and domestic trader to support exports.
• Learn how to identify your export NAFTA opportunities while reviewing your exports.
• Understand what evidence you need to have, create, and retain to support your NAFTA claims.
• Learn how, when, and when not, to complete a NAFTA Certificate of Origin (COO).
• Identify Best Practices for NAFTA Certificate distribution.
• The World Trade/World Customs Organization framework on Origin
• The North American Free Trade Agreement – Law, Code, Regulations
• Where to find the NAFTA text and the specific rules of origin
• Basic examples of how goods are deemed to be NAFTA-originating
o Tariff Shift
o Regional Value Content
• Examples of NAFTA Analyses
• Properly executing a facially valid NAFTA Certificate of Origin
• Keeping track of distributed COOs
• Risks & Penalties
What You Get:
• Training Materials
• Live Q&A Session with our Expert
• Participation Certificate
• Access to Signup Community (Optional)
• Reward Points
Who Will Benefit:
• Import Compliance Professionals
• Export Compliance Professionals
• Purchasing & Sourcing
• Sales/International Sales
• Information Technology
• Finance & Accounting
• Legal & Management