This course, has been approved for 1.25 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).
Carl Young is an Author, Speaker, Trainer, Consultant, and Coach. He holds a MBA and completed graduate studies in Accounting and Taxation. He is a former CFO of a 275M, high growth technology based company. He has over 25 years of senior level business management experience.&nbs Read more
This webinar covers the complete context of payroll rules and administration made simple. It starts with the basic classification of workers properly classified as Contractors or Workers. Rules for Payment and administration of Contractors is outlined. Rules for workers classified as “Exempt” or “Non-exempt” based on FLSA . Rules for payments to exempt and non-exempt employees are examined. Overtime rules are outlined for non-exempt employees in addition to record keeping & reporting for all employees.
This webinar stresses that payroll administration is only accepted if perfect. Achieving perfection in payroll processing is the overall theme of this webinar.
Simple understanding of rules and administration of Payroll to include: Determining Employees vs. Contractors, Guidelines & payment of Contractors. Definition of Employees as Exempt or non-exempt, Proper payment of Exempts & Non-exempts, proper payment of Overtime and bonuses. Summary aspects of FLSA Fair Labor Standards Act.
Why Should You Attend:
Payroll is most important aspect of any business. It leads to employee morale. It must be perfect and comply with all the rules. This webinar examines all the payroll rules of the FLSA and how to implement them to achieve perfection. It is a simple approach to payroll rules and administration an guaranteed to give attendees a good working knowledge of payroll rules & administration in simple to understand and apply tools & techniques.
• Proper classification of workers as contractors or employees
• Proper classification of employees as exempt or non-exempt under new rules
• Importance of job description in implementation of new rules
• Proper implementation of FLSA rules
• Proper payment of exempt and non-exempt under FLSA rules
• Achieving perfection and prevention consistent with the implementation of FLSA rules The overall goal of perfection and prevention in payroll administration
• Identifying workers as contractors vs. employees
• Identifying employees as exempt from overtime using FLSA rules in the categories of
• Salary and duties test under FLSA for exempt employees
• The value of the job description and its proper preparation
• Consideration of record keeping, accounting & reporting, policies & procedures
• Proper payment to newly classified exempt and those that by default fall to the non-exempt category
• How to handle non-discretionary bonuses consistent with paying overtime and the new overtime rules
• Achieving perfection & prevention in payroll consistent with new rules
• New Overtime rules are being proposed
• Involves possible reclassification of employees from exempt to non-exempt based on the salary threshold
• Companies must understand and implement these new rules
• This Webinar covers a review & implementation of these new rules
What You Get:
• Training Materials
• Live Q&A Session with our Expert
• Participation Certificate
• Access to Signup Community (Optional)
• Reward Points
Who Will Benefit:
• HR Professionals
• Payroll Professionals
• Human Resources
• Accounting Personnel
• Business Owners
• Employee Benefit Professionals
• Planning & Budgeting Professionals
• All positions involved in personnel or payroll administration and the supervision of personnel